At Massingill Attorneys & Counselors at Law, one of Texas’s pre-eminent law firms, we firmly believe that our commitment to our community distinguishes us from other firms. As counselors, we strive to help our clients make good decisions for themselves and their businesses. Our clients make good, honest, just, wise, and peaceful decisions that positively impact our community with the help of our counsel.
We hope to inspire young people to examine how they could positively help their communities. Unfortunately, the numbers of young people engaged in volunteerism and community service have dropped significantly over the past few years. From about 1985 to 2015, high-school-aged children enrolled in volunteer programs at a rate that rose annually. The trend reversed in 2016, and the numbers declined.
Community Commitment Scholarship Overview
Massingill Attorneys & Counselors at Law will award one student a $1,000 scholarship for writing the most compelling and inspirational essay about their current and future role in the community.
In a two-part essay, please explain to us:
- How do you actively contribute to your community or support your community; and
- How you plan to use your education to positively impact your community to help others in need.
Your essay should run between 500 and 600 words. We will look for a compelling answer along with excellent grammar and punctuation.
Who Can Apply?
Students eligible for our scholarship contest include:
- High school seniors who have been accepted to a college or university for the fall 2021 semester; and
- Current college or university students enrolled for the fall 2021 semester.
Our essay contest closes on Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
We will announce the winner of our essay contest by Wednesday, December 14, 2021.
How to Apply
Submit your application by clicking the button below. Be sure to include the following:
- Contact information,
- Transcript or proof of enrollment, and
- Your essay.